Monday 15 June 2015

33. First They're Sour, Then They're Sweet

Sour Patch Kids is one of my favorite kinds of candy, so I actually laughed out loud when I saw the French version of it in Paris. In France, the candy is actually called "Very Bad Kids", not "Sour Patch Kids". Sour Patch Kids are so popular in the United States that I couldn't help but find it strange that the candy is named that in France. The name "Very Bad Kids" is just so straight forward and seems kind of random. I personally like the American name better, or "Sour Patch Kids", because the word "sour" can relate to both the trouble-making kid in the commercials as well as the sour taste to the candy. Anyways, next time someone asks me what my favorite candy is, I am going to tell them it is "Very Bad Kids". I cannot wait to see their confused reaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment