Tuesday 2 June 2015

13. Matchy-Matchy

Over the past week and a half here in London, I have noticed that British people like to wear the same color throughout their entire outfit. This lady that sat near me at dinner literally wore all red. She wore a red hat, shirt, skirt, jacket, shoes, and even red tights. This would be considered a very "unusual" outfit in the United States. The next day, I saw a boy crossing the street in all red as well. He wore a red baseball hat, red pants, a solid red shirt, and red shoes. The funniest part about this situation is that I was the only one around him that seemed to think it was a bit odd that he was wearing literally ALL red.  A few days after I saw an old lady wearing all purple on the tube. Apparently wearing only one color is "normal" in the English culture. It is going to be interesting to see how many more people I will find around London wearing only one color for the remainder of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment